Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Recipe: The Best Fish Tacos You Will Ever Eat

My husband is obsessed with these fish tacos, which makes me happy because they are fairly healthy, and he is such a picky eater. I like to eat healthy. During college I lived off of rice, bean, and veggie bowls. I am not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I tend to have a diet that does not consist of a lot of white meat. However, my husband would eat chips (french fries) and pizza for ever meal if he could. These fish tacos are a great compromise because they are made with a Greek yogurt sauce, even though they are still cooked in oil and breaded.

I originally got this recipe off of Pinterest from pinchofyum.com (check her out, she has great recipes!) But I've tweaked it a bit to fit my personal tastes little bit.


First of, I did not change the thing about the sauce. It is absolute perfection. You can find it here.

http://pinchofyum.com/crispy-fish-tacos-jalapeno-sauce

The only thing I change is how I fry the fish. The original recipe has the fish battered, which is delicious, but I prefer something a little lighter. Instead of making up the batter, I have two bowls: one with a beaten egg and light beer (One egg + one 12 ounce beer per 10 ounces of fish) and one with flour, cornstarch (corn flour if you're in the UK), garlic salt, and pepper. I start with the fish in the liquids bowl, and completely cover it in the flour mixture before adding it to the pan.

Side note:: I have started frying the fish in vegetable or sunflower oil after reading about how you should not cook with olive oil. I have found that I like the taste better as well.

Originally I used halibut and black snapper (white bottom fish that are often caught off the Oregon Coast), but I have discovered that I prefer the tacos with cod. As long as the cod is fresh and not frozen.

Happy Cooking!

Love, 

Taylor ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment