Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hello.

Wow.
First post.
I feel like this comes with so much pressure!
I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Taylor, and I grew up in a teeny tiny town in Oregon. Now, much to the dismay of my friends and family, I am moving to Great Britain.

Why in the world would someone uproot her life and move to an entirely new country, thousands of miles away from everyone and everything she's every known? Well he's about 5'10", with mousey brown hair, deep blue eyes, and the most adorable accent I've ever heard. Love makes you do crazy things.

Side note:: I went to this presentation for my sorority in college, where this lady was telling about how she went to grad school in a flyover state (I can't for the life of me remember which one), and that she absolutely hated it. She called home daily to complain and tell her parents she could not wait to graduate and come home. Then she met a boy, but she swore it was nothing serious, just a casual relationship she was having while she was finishing up her schooling. Well then he proposed, and she told us 'Diamonds make girls liars.' Truer words have never been spoken.

On top of my wonderful husband living across the world, he is also in the British Army. He is constantly coming home and telling me that he is off for two weeks, then home for a week, then away for six. I am not a huge fan of the MILSO life, and it has only just began. So in order to keep my sanity (mostly) in tact while I'm making due on my own, I decided to start a blog. (and a twitter @USAWifeUKLife, follow me (: )

I plan on posting on all sorts of different subjects, from how much of a pain it was to apply for my visa (funny stories with that one), train travel in the U.K. (seriously feel like I'm on the Hogwarts Express), my new found love of British things (we need Nandos in the USA, ASAP), my deep longing for all things American (Taco Bell especially), my newest favorite recipes (courtesy of Pinterest of course) and probably a million other things depending on what happens to be on my mind that day. Maybe even some short stories, who knows. I promise I won't ever get boring.

Anyways, off to bake some cookies.

Love, 

Taylor ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment